The Assistant Chief Pilot assists the Chief Pilot in his day-to-day duties and responsibilities in Homer, AK. This position will also assist in the coordination of the pilots and aircraft within the Flight Department.
· Supervises pilots to ensure compliance with Company policy, FAA, aircraft, and operating procedures.
· Ensures pilots have necessary information to operate safely and according to regulations and prescribed limitations.
· Coordinates with the Director of Operations and/or the Chief Pilot when scheduling pilots to ensure current and qualified pilots are at each location for each flight.
· Works directly with the Maintenance Department to assure aircraft movements and crews are coordinated for maintenance needs.
· Function as an Instructor Pilot and Check Airman in company aircraft.
· Participates in pilot recruitment, interview and hiring process.
· Performs other duties as assigned by the Chief Pilot.
· Assists with the quoting of aircraft as requested.
· Assists the Director of Operations and the Chief Pilot with manual rewrites as necessary.
· Promotes and supports all safety programs.
· Assist with the required maintenance of Pilot Training Records.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
· Ability to read and interpret documents such as technical data, safety rules/regulations, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
· Ability to speak effectively in interpersonal situations and before groups of employees.
· Strong planning and organizational skills.
· Proficient with MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
· Able to become qualified as a Pilot in Bell 206 and Bell 407 aircraft.
· Able to become qualified as a Company Instructor Pilot and Check Airman in the Bell 206 and Bell 407.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
· Work typically performed in an office environment. However, sometimes work involves moderate exposure to unusual elements such as extreme temperatures, dirt, or dust, etc.
· Light physical effort - Requires handling of average-weight objects up to 10 pounds or some standing or walking. Exposed to any number of elements but with none present to the extent of being disagreeable.
· Occasional Travel required to offsite locations (Up to 50%).
· Work is not limited to administrative duties. Revenue flights will be required.