Lake Superior Helicopters is looking for someone who likes the balance of work and home life and have very minimal travel each year as an A&P with our organization. LSH is based in Duluth, MN which was dubbed the “Best Outdoor City in America” and the “Craft Beer Capital of Minnesota.” Duluth has many great outdoor activities, unique arts and culture with live music and festivals, delicious dining and many local breweries and distilleries. Duluth is a city of 100,000 with a small-town feel. Whether you’re a family, a foodie or a history buff, you’ll find plenty of things to see and do in this eclectic and vibrant port city.
LSH is a helicopter service provider that takes pride in our small company, family type culture and our employees quality work. Over the last 10 years LSH has focused on the safety in the aviation industry and continues to strive to exceed expectations in quality service throughout our organization.
LSH is currently seeking a highly motivated Helicopter A&P Mechanic to join our exceptional growing team of maintenance professionals. Our Maintenance facility is currently certified as a Robinson Service Center. We work mostly on Robinson R-44 helicopters with additional work on a company owned Bell 206.
Qualified candidates will possess the following:
- Current FAA Airframe and Powerplant (A&P) certificate required
- Experience as an A&P with helicopters preferred:
- Robinson Factory Maintenance Course
- Bell Maintenance Factory Course
- Experience with Bell and Robinson products preferred
- Positive attitude towards SMS, productivity, and quality maintenance.
- Maintain airworthiness of company fleet. Including but not limited to inspecting, dismantling, overhauling, repairing, assembling of all aircraft parts and components.
- Perform routine releases returning aircraft to service.
- Properly complete all necessary paperwork in accordance with company, manufacturer and FAA requirements.
- Maintain work area, tools and vehicles in clean and safe working conditions.
- Collaborate with appropriate Inspection personnel
- Conduct quality assurance with other A&P’s on staff
- Embrace our safety culture and Safety Management System
Why Duluth, MN:
Duluth, MN is located on shores of Lake Superior which has 7 miles of public sand beach on the largest fresh water lake in the world. Besides Lake Superior, we have over 10 other lakes within 10 miles of Duluth not counting the numerous rivers and creeks. These lakes and rivers provide ample opportunities for a wide range of water activities from fishing and kayaking to cliff jumping.
With the ample parks within Duluth, you have tons of opportunities for hiking, biking or whatever:
- 129 Parks
- 11,000 acres of green space
- 6,834 acres of City parkland
- 12 miles of paved, accessible trails
- 85 miles of bike-optimized, multi-use trails
- 150 miles of unpaved hiking trails
In Duluth we have all four seasons and different specific activities to each season.
- Fall is a time to enjoy Hiking or Biking in the woods with not only the sights of the leaves but also the smells of fall
- Winter we do have snow and the many trails in Duluth allow for some great x country skiing or snowshoeing. The numerous lakes provide great opportunity for ice fishing. With the 22,000 miles of groomed snowmobile trails there is an endless supply of new adventures. For downhill skiing Northeastern Minnesota has a trio of ski resorts featuring some of the biggest hills in the Midwest.
- Spring in Duluth offers some unique opportunities for ice fishing Lake Superior or as the snow melts, fishing one of the many tributaries on the north shore for steel-head
- Summer With all the parks, there are numerous environmental/nature-oriented classes and summer camps for kids
Dental insurance, Paid Vacation, Life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, and Aflac. Company benefit’s offered after company 90 probationary period.