Metro Aviation is seeking an A&P Helicopter Base Technician (EC135) in Swanton, Ohio for the ProMedica Air program.
Our mission is to provide the safest and highest quality traditional aircraft operations, completions, and maintenance so that we will:
- Allow our customers to safely and effectively accomplish their mission profile,
- Allow our employees to exercise their talents and maximize their potential, and
- Ensure the financial stability of the corporation.
Our goal is to find qualified candidates who value our mission and contribute to our overall safety culture.
We invest in the well-being of our employees. The following FREE benefits are offered to all full time employees: family health and prescription insurance, family dental insurance, family vision insurance, life insurance, short term disability, and an Employee Assistance Program.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs preventive, scheduled and unscheduled maintenance, inspections, repairs and modifications to airframes and engines in accordance with manufacturers' maintenance procedures, airworthiness directives, service bulletins, the Metro Aviation General Operations Manual and applicable Federal Aviation Regulations.
- Actively incorporates safety in all maintenance activities in accordance with the Metro Aviation Safety Management System.
- Plans and manages scheduled maintenance activity effectively.
- Manages base inventory, parts ordering, stock levels, core returns, shipping, and receiving of parts and materials.
- Responsible to be available promptly on call during nights, weekends, and holidays if necessary.
- Performs engine and engine component troubleshooting, replacement and rigging.
- Performs main and tail rotor track and balance.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot aircraft avionics and electrical systems.
- Works independently without immediate supervision.
- Maintains a safe and airworthy aircraft at all times.
Metro Aviation is committed to employees, customers, and the community to promote diversity and inclusion by developing policies, programs, and procedures that foster a work environment where differences are respected and employees are treated fairly.
Metro Aviation prohibits discrimination or harassment of any kind and ensures equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all aspects of the relationship between Metro Aviation and its employees, including recruitment, employment, promotion, transfer, training, working conditions, wages and salary administration, employee benefits, and application of policies.
Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance for employee & family insurance premium paid 100% by Metro (if declined, employee will receive $5,000 stipend per year) | Short Term Disability insurance premium is paid 100% by Metro; benefit includes 2/3 of salary for up to 90 days | Long Term Disability insurance offered at a minimal charge; Pays 2/3 of salary for up to age 65 for full disability | 401k = Metro will make matching contributions of 75% of salary deferrals on contributions of up to 7% of gross salary | Paid vacation (from 5 to 15 days annually depending on length of employment) | Sick leave = 6 days per year | Paid Holidays = 7 | Paid workover available | Tuition assistance available