Job Vacancy Announcement - Aircraft Mechanic 3
Location: Kennesaw – Cobb County
Job Code: FET082 Pay Grade: K
Salary range: $36,268.00-$63,469.00
The Georgia Department of Public Safety (DPS) oversees the day-to-day operation of the Georgia State Patrol (GSP), Capitol Police and the Motor Carrier Compliance Division (MCCD). We currently have a challenging and rewarding opportunity for an Aircraft Mechanic 3 in the Aviation Division.
The Georgia State Patrol Aviation Division operates 24/7 to provide air support to the Georgia State Patrol and in support of public safety interest for the citizens of Georgia. The Division fleet is comprised of 15 helicopters and one Cessna 182 airplane. There are six field hangars located in Kennesaw, Albany, Gainesville, Perry, Reidsville, and Augusta.
This position will be located at the Kennesaw Maintenance Facility in Cobb County.
Aviation performs search and rescue missions utilizing FLIR (Forward Looking Infra-Red) camera systems. Many missing persons and criminals have been located using this technology. Other missions supported by GSP Aviation include: manhunts, aerial photography, aerial surveillance, natural disasters, SWAT missions, fire suppression, microwave downlink, executive transport, and static displays (high schools and colleges, civic groups, local law enforcement agencies, and air shows). This division has become the leader nationwide in its innovative use of helicopters for marijuana suppression which earned the unit the coveted Helicopter Association International Hughes Law Enforcement award.
Under the supervision of the Aviation Director, this position is a critical part of the Georgia State Patrol Aviation Division’s mission to provide aerial support to law enforcement agencies in support of the public safety interest of the citizens of Georgia.
A typical workday includes, but is not limited to:
· Replacing time or service-limited parts and/or aircraft appliances as needed or on a scheduled basis.
· Performing preventive and corrective maintenance on aircraft and associated aircraft appliances in accordance with established schedules
· Researching and investigating possible solutions to engine, airframe, and associated appliance malfunctions.
· Troubleshooting inoperative or malfunctioning aircraft systems.
· Attending recurrent aircraft technical training to maintain professional currency.
Please note: a comprehensive background check, including polygraph exam, will be required.