Responsible for performing maintenance, repairs, inspections, and alterations of Company operated aircraft and articles as assigned in accordance with Air Methods’ policies and procedures. Ensures company operational goals and objectives are met, while guaranteeing all aircraft maintenance documentation is executed in compliance with applicable Federal Aviation Regulations, company policies and procedures, and applicable maintenance manuals.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities include the following:
- Performs inspections and repairs of aircraft and components in accordance with maintenance procedures, airworthiness directives, service bulletins, service letters, and applicable Federal Aviation Regulations
- Upon installation or removal of any component or assembly, the Mechanic shall verify by physical inspection or markings on the part that the part number and serial number match the associated documentation
- Ensures all aircraft maintenance documentation is executed in compliance with applicable Federal Aviation Regulations, company policies and procedures, and applicable maintenance manuals to include specific chapters
- Actively participates in the continuous improvement phase (level 4) of the company’s Safety Management System (SMS) and is familiar with the SMS policies, processes, and procedures
- Maintains work area in a clean and professional manner
- Other Duties as assigned
- Responsible for correcting compliance or safety issues when directed by the Director of Operations, Director of Maintenance, Chief Pilot, Regional Maintenance Director, Director of Safety, Regional Maintenance Manager, or Lead MechanicPerforms maintenance on 145 shop’s support equipment
- Responsible for advising the Pilot in Command (PIC) of any maintenance issues that would take an aircraft out of service
- Responsible for validating or confirming the data in the Status Report concerning the aircraft he or she is working on including
- Request aviation parts and supplies in order to maintain an adequate and orderly inventory of all stock items to ensure prompt repairs for operational readiness
Additional Job Requirements
- Regular scheduled attendance
- Indicate the percentage of time spent traveling:
Subject to applicable laws and Air Method’s policies, regular attendance is an essential function of the position. All employees must follow Air Methods’ employment practices and policies.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Air Methods is an EEO/AA employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.