A day in the life:
- Retain the final authority for the safe operation of the aircraft
- Ensure the assigned aircraft is airworthy and all proper documents are on board the aircraft.
- Make decisions as necessary to accept, reject, or terminate the flight, or deviation from a planned destination when operating conditions dictate.
- Adhere to proper Crew Resource Management (CRM) techniques
- Positively represent Apollo MedFlight and its customers to vendors, employees and patients through action, behavior, and communication.
- Actively participate in the Apollo Safety Management System.
- Obtain briefing on the purpose of the flight, weather, operating procedures, and any special instructions, and plans flight assignments.
- Ensure that weather and aircraft performance conditions can be met appropriate to the FAR under which the flight is being conducted.
- Ensure a flight plan or other authorized flight locating procedure is followed on each flight.
- Ensure the aircraft is within the weight and balance requirements of the applicable Flight Manual.
- Report all known or suspected FAA violations or incidents promptly to the Chief Pilot.
- Ensure all aircraft equipment checks are performed properly.
- Ensure that all medical crew members and passengers are appropriately briefed for each phase of flight.
- Ensure all maintenance discrepancies are reported to appropriate maintenance personnel, and Apollo Operational Control Center is alerted to the current status of the aircraft.
- Be thoroughly knowledgeable of the General Operations Manual, Federal Aviation Regulations, Operations Specifications, Flight Manuals, and other instructions and regulatory documents pertinent to assigned duties.
- Participate in the pre-flight risk assessment process.
- Responsible for Tier Two operational control functions.
The background profile we are looking for:
- Current FAA Commercial Certificate, Rotorcraft, Helicopter; Instrument, Helicopter
- Current FAA 2nd Class Medical Certificate
- 1700 Total Hours
- All other flight experience evaluated via CAMTS algorithm worksheet.
- ATP (Preferred)
- Previous air medical experience (Preferred)
- Previous EC 135 experience (Preferred)
All employment decisions at Apollo are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
Apollo will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. At Apollo we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. Apollo will not discriminate against anyone on the basis of a disability. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to our Human Resource department at 806.242.0202 or by email at
For a complete job description please reach out to