Site Manager/Assistant Chief Helicopter Instructor – UND Aerospace Foundation Saudi Arabia Operation
The UND Aerospace Foundation (UNDAF) is one of the largest, multi-campus airplane and helicopter flight schools in the United States, headquartered in Grand Forks, North Dakota. Our real world environment, decades of quality training experience, and customized training approach has helped prepare thousands of students from the US and around the world to become airplane and helicopter career pilots.
UNDAF is focused on ensuring that every student is successful in achieving their goals in a safe, professional and supportive environment. We have aspirational plans for the future, are poised for growth, and supported by a team that is quality-focused, dedicated and ambitious.
With current locations in Grand Forks, ND and Mesa, Arizona, UNDAF is expanding its helicopter training internationally. We are looking for a Site Manager/Assistant Chief Helicopter Instructor to locate at Tanajib, Saudi Arabia.
With assistance from management in Grand Forks, the Site Manager/Assistant Chief Helicopter Instructor will be responsible for management of the Tanajib location and its Flight Instructors.
Position Type: Administration/Director
Date Posted: July 10, 2018
Job Location: Tanajib, Saudi Arabia
Closing Date: July 28, 2018
Salary: Commensurate with experience and training location
Position Classification: Exempt, Full-Time, Benefited
Benefits: Includes single/family health care coverage, dental, vision, retirement plan, annual and sick leave and more.
- Managing assigned group of advanced instructor pilots and various CFI training programs
- Interact with other Chief Instructor’s in development and maintenance of program training course outlines (TCO’s), training regulations, and other training resource materials
- Ensure training materials are prepared, maintained, and used in accordance with all regulatory requirements by periodically comparing said requirements with day-to-day activities and audit inspection results
- Reviews individual student’s progress with Flight and Ground Instructors to guarantee each student is receiving quality education
- Contribute to improvements in flight training curriculum and student training outcomes
- Monitor student progress and maintain student records and assessment tools for student learner outcomes
- Ensure all students are making timely and satisfactory progress toward through the syllabus
- Provide ongoing coaching, mentoring and leadership to instructors
- Additional Duties Assigned as assigned by supervisor
- Act as helicopter subject matter expert for UND Aerospace Foundation
- Work with UND helicopter chief pilot to successfully manage the training location
- Prepare and present program briefings
- Assess and evaluate program effectiveness
- Monitor flight hour budget
- Conduct tours of airport and flight operations
- Conduct flight instruction
- Supervise flight instructors
- Administer phase and progress evaluation flights
- Certify training records
- Manage and counsel students
- Assist with hiring of CFI’s
- Track and insure proper students’ progress to meet timeline requirements
- Conduct standardization and safety briefings
- Serve as liaison between UND Aerospace Foundation and FAA
- Serve as operations liaison between UND Aerospace Foundation and its customer and customer’s maintainers
- Perform maintenance test flights
- Ensure safety of all students and instructors