Job duties specific to this assignment include, but are not limited to:
* Operation of rotary wing aircraft as pilot in command providing support for all law enforcement functions of the Pinellas County Sheriff’s Office.
* Complying with Federal Aviation Regulations and Air Traffic Control procedures
* Maintaining pre- and post-flight data logs
* Ensuring proper fueling and operations readiness of the aircraft
* Assist in pre-flight inspections, maintenance of aircrafts, routine cleaning and upkeep of facilities.
* Staying current on local geography and roadways.
Step 1: This step is provided to the new member upon initial assignment to the unit. $2,600
Step 2: This step is provided to the member with an FAA Commercial Pilot license. The member must be a unit authorized Command Pilot $3,900
Step 3: This step is provided to the member who qualifies for step 1 and 2, and is also an FAA Certificated Flight Instructor. $5,200
Certified Law Enforcement Experience pay:
1 Year $46,410
2 Years $47,338
3 Years $48,285
4 Years $49,251
5 Years $50,974
Must have three (3) or more years Certified Law Enforcement experience to receive the following:
* Signing bonus = $3,000
* Relocation Stipend to Pinellas County
- From out of state $3,000
- From Manatee, Hillsborough or Pasco Counties $500
- From all other Florida locations $1,500
* Two year prorated buyback
In addition to the minimum qualifications required to be a Deputy Sheriff, applicants must also meet the following qualifications. Visit our website at www.pcsoweb.com for a complete job description for Deputy Sheriff.
* Certification of completion of basic police officer training as required by the State of Florida
* High School Diploma or G.E.D.
* Consideration for this position requires a credit check
* Must possess a valid Florida Driver's License
* Current Florida Law Enforcement Certification
* A private pilot license, at minimum, in either rotary-wing or fixed-wing aircraft
* Must present proof of current class 2 FAA medical
* Must present proper documentation showing pilot certificate and flight experience
* Ability to multitask, and work independently with little supervision
* Must be able to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization
* Must have the ability to think and act quickly, calmly and appropriately in emergencies
Please visit our website at www.pcsoweb.com for more information and an application to apply. If you have any questions, please contact Human Resources at 727-582-6208.
Pinellas County Sheriff's Office has no nicotine/tobacco policy 6 months prior to application and throughout employment. EOE/ADA/DFWP/VP