Under the general guidance and direction of the Director of Operations, the OCS shall perform the following:
Ability to perform all pilot tasking to be used as an additional resource for assigned pilot group, to include but not limited to:
- Directs resources as required to promote safe and efficient operations.
- Maintains a working knowledge of Med-Trans flying areas.
- Review pilots risk assessment worksheet to ensure elevated risks are addressed.
- Communicates with the appropriate communications center or pilots regarding known and perceived risks related to each mission.
- Obtains and disseminates information to duty pilots as it pertains to routes, facilities, NOTAMS, Navaids, TFRs and company policies.
- Monitors and interprets multiple weather resources on an ongoing basis, to include all elements of a standard weather briefing.
- Serves as a resource for pilots with regard to weather interpretation and updates.
- Utilizes OCC computer based software in support of flight following.
- Communicates directly with Communication Specialists regarding mission readiness and status.
- Assists the Communication Specialists as needed during emergency events.
- Provides strong problem-solving skills.
- Effectively utilizes proper air medical resource management and aviation decision making principles and concepts.
- Supports the PIC with respect to operational control elements that include the initiation, conduct of flight and/or termination of flight.
- Provide support for flight planning to include fuel planning.
- Weather dissemination.
- Makes all appropriate notifications to the DO regarding all internal and external reportable events.
- Contributes to the continuous learning of pilots and communications staff.
- Assists the Director of Operations with the execution of company policies, establishing operations, personnel and equipment standards, and for recommending appropriate modification, deletion or development of policies as appropriate.
- Demonstrates working knowledge of the contents of the, Operations Manual, Operations Specifications, Minimum Equipment Lists, Policies and Procedures and all Federal Aviation Regulations pertaining to the
- Maintains current reference material as required.
- Participates in the ongoing development, implementation and evaluation of policies and a quality management program designed to measure and ensure that Med-Trans is appropriately responsive to its customer’s needs, the cost-effectiveness of the service and program safety.
- Produces periodic reports as needed to document and support the effectiveness of the quality management program.
- Compiles, analyzes, and disseminates information about the effectiveness of operational control, and service issues.
- Supports comprehensive service and quality standards.
- 1000 hours PIC helicopter time; 100 hours of night experience; IFR experience; NVG experience.
- Commercial/Instrument Helicopter.
- Preferred previous civilian HEMS experience.
- Preference is given to applicants who have single pilot IFR experience.
- Ability to maintain composure under pressure, works effectively and accurately with frequent interruptions, and set and reset multiple priorities.
- Ability to communicate professionally, effectively and persuasively both orally and in writing at all levels of the organization.
- Highly knowledgeable of the Operations Manual, FARs, Operations Specifications, Flight Manuals, etc., and other resources pertinent to flight operations.
- Ability to work within a strong team environment.
- Excellent public relations, interpersonal, and customer service skills.
- Excellent computer skills including Word, Excel, Schneider OCC software and SkyTrac.
- Demonstrated awareness and understanding of the political environment both internally and externally.
Med-Trans Corporation offers competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package: medical, dental, & vision coverage; life insurance; a 401(k) retirement plan with a company match; paid time off and holiday pay.
Med-Trans also provides employees 100% company-paid:
- Life insurance
- Short-term disability
- Long-term disability insurance
Med-Trans Corporation is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.