Technician (H-1) installs, inspects, tests, adjusts, or repairs
avionics equipment, such as radar, communications, navigation, and missile
control systems in assigned aircraft. Performs tasks independently with little
or no supervision.
- Performs operational checks, bench checks,
troubleshoots, and isolates malfunctions in complex aircraft avionics
- Uses complex test equipment such as continuous
wave and pulse generators, time domain reflectometers, multi-trace
oscilloscopes, frequency counters, multi-meters and deviation meters, and
specialized test equipment to perform operational checks.
- Repairs or replaces components based on test
results following blueprints, schematics, handbooks, and other technical
- Performs calibration, repair and replacement of
system components based on test results following blueprints, schematics,
handbooks, and other technical documents.
- Practices good housekeeping, tool control, FOD
awareness/prevention, and safety at all times.
- Annotates maintenance actions in aircraft
records and is knowledgeable in CAMS documentation. Must obtain all
certifications required to perform the job requirements.
- Performs other duties as