Position: Director of Safety
Reports to: Vice President of Operations
Status: Full Time, Exempt
Overview: The Director of Safety is responsible for managing the association’s existing aviation safety programs, and developing new safety initiatives to benefit HAI’s membership and the international helicopter community.
Essential Functions of the Position Include, but Are Not Limited To:
- Serving as the HAI safety representative on various industry, government, and international boards, task forces, and meetings
- Developing responses to proposed safety-related regulations and legislative initiatives
- Collecting, researching, and analyzing helicopter safety and accident data for subsequent statistical reporting
- Developing and implementing new HAI industry safety initiatives
- Routinely interacting with the full spectrum of aviation related agencies and organizations in support of the rotorcraft industry
- Managing all aspects of HAI’s voluntary accreditation program that assists helicopter operators to reduce accident rates and improve safety cultures
- Providing safety supervision for all flight activities at the association’s annual trade show and exposition, HAI HELI-EXPO®
- Serving as staff liaison for assigned HAI committees
- Contributing content for use in HAI’s printed and electronic publications
- Other duties as assigned
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities.