Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Perform scheduled and unscheduled inspections and/or repairs.
- Maintain inventory and records of all stocked aircraft parts.
- Coordinates all scheduled maintenance with the Director of Maintenance.
- Maintains all required aircraft maintenance records applicable to his/her aircraft and base.
- Maintains positive interpersonal relationships with colleagues, EMS representatives, hospitals and the public.
- Complies with safety standards to assure safety of self, medical personnel, patient, and aircraft safety equipment.
7. Work as part of the aviation mechanic team
- Participates in departmental quality improvement activities as assigned.
1. Proficiency in EC-135 Aircraft and engines
2. Knowledge of Microsoft Software
- Must be familiar with standard concepts, practices and procedures of Aircraft Maintenance; Part 135 knowledge and experience preferred.
- Sound judgement and objectivity in decision making.
1. Inside/Outside in all weather conditions (rain/snow/heat/cold).
2. High noise level – reduced by use of hearing protection (Helmet).
3. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibrations.
4. Daytime/Night-time operations.
1. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear.
2. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day.
3. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 50 pounds.
4. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
1. Position can be stationed at a base or work as a float mechanic
- Ability to work overtime, evenings, and weekends as needed.
1. Dependent upon the requirements at the time, mechanics may have to float to other bases.
2. 10-20% travel throughout the Midwest