As a Sr. Component Overhaul AP Mechanic with Air Methods, you will carry out direct maintenance, inspection and administrative tasks in accordance with their training and experience to ensure team, departmental and organizational goals are met. You will also provide leadership and direction to assigned team members to ensure team, departmental and organizational goals are met.
- Interface with Production Planner and Supervisor to determine and agree production priorities and objectives. Highlighting/resolving issues that may impact those priorities and objectives.
- Assign resources to required tasks based on production priorities as well as the experience and capability of team members.
- Liaison with Production Planner, Purchaser on material related issues so that planned work is completed against budgeted targets
- Ensure all appropriate quality standards are attained by team. Reporting quality failures through approved company policies and procedures.
- Ensure budgets (man-hour and TAT) are met for assigned work by ensuring efficient utilization of resources
- Report key operational performance data from their teams and tasks being carried out.
- Conduct daily team meetings
- Develop effective communication and co-operation within the production team and between other stakeholders within the organization
- Build employee satisfaction by making the workplace environment a positive place to work.
- Conduct ongoing evaluation of employee performance using the company performance evaluation guidelines.
- Develop and support individual training plans for team members, provide training as required.
- Instigate and implement disciplinary action in accordance with company procedures.
- Ensuring all work practices are carried out in a safe way. Intervention and reporting when any instances of non-compliance to safety procedures are observed.
- Support and implement Lean processes and foster a culture of ongoing continuous improvement.
- Ensure tools and equipment held or utilized in area of responsibility are maintained and stored appropriately and in accordance with relevant procedures.
- Occasionally required to travel to field bases to perform inspections, maintenance and repair of rotating components
- Prepares work order, inspection and repair station documentation in accordance with FAA regulations and Repair Station Manuals.
- Performs inspections of received parts and documentation to verify airworthiness and traceability.
- Orders parts and supplies for shop.
- Maintains the upkeep of the work area, equipment and materials.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED; Associate Degree in Applied Science is preferred
- Airframe & Powerplant (Must meet the recent experience requirements of FAR 65.83)
- Five years turbine powered rotorcraft maintenance experience
- A minimum of 5 year experience supervising people
- Demonstrate the ability to work respectfully and collaboratively with others
- Familiarity with Repair Manual Documentation procedures, ATA concepts, and Standard Practice Manuals is required.
- Must have OEM or AMO accredited training specific to Air Methods component models
- Experience successfully working in a manufacturing or a repair and overhaul environment, with a proven track record
- Self motivated and results oriented with a focus on quality, analytical thinking and attention to detail
- Ability to make excellent decisions and set appropriate priorities
- Excellent listening, verbal, and written communication skills
- Excellent collaborative problem solving skills
- Ability to work in a rapidly evolving and dynamic environment
- Demonstrated team player with excellent interpersonal skills
- Must be willing to accommodate flexible working schedules, including shifts and overtime
- Must be willing to travel internationally if required.
- Manufacturer training on company specific aircraft is preferred.
- Previous Bell Helicopter BHT407 and/or Airbus AS350/EC130/EC145/EC135 maintenance experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Solid computer and ability to get assigned tasks completed in a timely manner with highest
- Ability to apply creativity and problem solving skills in troubleshooting work.
- Ability to utilize the Company's maintenance information system (Ramco)
We are proud to be and EEO/AA employer M/F/Disabled/Vet. We
maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse