A rewarding career awaits you as an Air Methods Field Mechanic, you will be responsible for performing aircraft maintenance efficiently and effectively to maximize aircraft availability while demonstrating a thorough knowledge of the General Maintenance Manual (GMM), Federal Aviation Regulations,and Air Methods' policies and procedures. Together, with the pilot and medicalcrew, you are the third equal part of the team that ensures the aircraft is mission ready. Your skills will make you an invaluable member of the Air Methods Team.
The pride of ownership and autonomy for maintaining an aircraft to airworthy condition and hangar facilities to the higheststandard, are two of the many rewarding benefits of being an Air Methods field mechanic.
- Performs inspections and repairs of aircraft and components in accordance with maintenance procedures, airworthiness directives, service bulletins, service letters, and applicable Federal Aviation Regulations.
- Ensures all aircraft maintenance documentation is executed in compliance with applicable Federal Aviation Regulations, company policies and procedures, and applicable maintenance manuals to include specific chapters.
- Request aviation parts and supplies in order to maintain an adequate and orderly inventory of all stock items to ensure prompt repairs for operational readiness.
- Actively participates in the continuous improvement phase (level 4) of the company’s Safety Management System (SMS) and is familiar with the SMS policies, processes, and procedures.
- Responsible for advising the Pilot in Command (PIC) of any maintenance issues that would take an aircraft out of service.
- Responsible for correcting compliance or safety issues when directed by the Director of Operations, Director of Maintenance, Chief Pilot, Regional Maintenance Director, Director of Safety, Regional Maintenance Manager, or Lead Mechanic.
- Responsible for validating or confirming the data in the Status Report concerning the aircraft he or she is working on.
- Provide timely on call availability during nights, weekends, and holidays if necessary.
- Other Duties as assigned.
- Electrical troubleshooting and refined vibration-balancing
- Sheet metal and composite repair procedures
- RAMCO experience preferred
- Factory airframe/power plant schools strongly preferred
- FAR 135 strongly preferred
Licenses & Certifications
- Drivers License
- AP Mechanic
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities