• Inspection and repair of helicopter and components.
• Scheduled inspections such as 150hr, 600hr, 1200 as well as other inspections and maintenance.
• Removal, re-installation and replacement of major components such as main rotor and tail rotor blades, main transmissions, tail rotor gear boxes, main rotor and tail rotor hub assemblies. Tail rotor balance, main rotor track and balance.
• Component inspection and overhaul of mentioned components.
• USFS/DOI contract coverage as Mechanic/Fuel Truck Driver during summer months.
• Field travel will be required.
• Previous work with a Part 145 repair station.
• Ability to obtain a USFS/ DOI mechanic card
• At least 12 months experience as an A&P mechanic maintaining helicopters
• At least 1 full season of experience under “field” conditions within the previous 10 years
• At least 3 months experience maintaining a helicopter away from an operators principle base of operations
• High quality standard with attention to detail.
• The ability to work in a team environment as well as independently.
• Willingness to work in a high-paced environment, the ability to multitask, excellent customer service.
• Card-able experience with AS350, Bell 407 & Bell 205A1
• Documented factory training on any of the above mentioned airframes and/or engine training.
• Component overhaul including: main rotor hub assemblies, main transmission, gear boxes, swash plate assemblies, tail rotor gear boxes, and tail rotor assemblies.
About Hillsboro Aviation:
Founded in 1980, Hillsboro Aviation is known internationally as a leader in the general aviation industry for providing quality aviation products and services including FBO services, helicopter and airplane charter services, aircraft and parts sales, MRO services, avionics equipment sales, and installations. Hillsboro Aviation has flown over 1.2 million hours in its 36-year history and supported a variety of missions including aerial firefighting, sightseeing and construction, search and rescue, TV news, aerial survey, and seismic operations. The company has sold over 1000 new and used aircraft and represents over 50 of the industry’s leading manufacturers, suppliers and vendors. Hillsboro Aviation is headquartered at the Portland-Hillsboro Airport (KHIO). Learn more at hillsboroaviation.com.
Hillsboro Aviation is an EEO M/F.
This job will remain open until filled. Please do not call regarding the status of your application.