Minimum job requirements include:
• High School Diploma/GED supplemented by specialized training in helicopter piloting or a related field.
• At least two years of experience as a Helicopter Pilot including a minimum of 2000 hours of helicopter flight time as pilot in command, 500 hours as pilot in command in type (Bell 206 B/L), 250 hours of unaided helicopter night flight hours as pilot in command.
• Possession of a valid FAA Commercial Pilot’s License with Rotorcraft-Helicopter rating or Airline Pilot rating.
• Possession of a valid FAA 2nd Class Medical Certificate.
Preference may be given to applicants with the following experiences:
• Higher levels of education, training and other experience as it relates to the vacancy.
• Rotorcraft/Helicopter Instrument Helicopter Rating or Rotorcraft/Helicopter Airline Transport Pilot Rating.
• Final candidates selected for hire in the Police Department will be subject to a fingerprint/criminal history background check and polygraph examination.Applicants must not have used marijuana during the previous two years, nor illegally used any controlled substances within the last ten years.
• Applications must be completed listing current and past “Work History” experience up to ten years, as applicable.Incomplete applications will not be processed.
Environmental and Physical Conditions:
• Positions in this class may be exposed to moving mechanical parts, odors, dusts, poor ventilation, chemicals, oils, extreme temperatures, inadequate lighting, intense noises, gases, vibrations, chemicals, and workspace restrictions.
• Essential and marginal functions may require maintaining physical condition necessary for exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly having to move objects.