SevenBar is hiring 2 SPIFR Captains for our Life Flight of Maine team. In this roll you’ll report to the Base Manager and Chief Pilot. The line pilot is responsible for choreographing safe and efficient air medical flight operations. This role is Single Pilot IFR Captain working with a team of highly trained medical professionals. As PIC you will have the responsibility of making the tactical aviation decisions that help flight medics and nurses deliver outstanding patient care.
We’re looking for someone who:
· Communicates effectively to the Chief Pilot, Base Manager, and other crew members regarding flight operational activities
· Has no qualms cancelling or suspending any flight operation in the interest of safety until hazards have been
removed or are no longer a threat to safe operations
· Performs the Line Pilot role, as well as other tasks as assigned, to help support the strategic objectives
of the flight operations department
· Promotes and supports our Safety and Just Culture Programs
· Embraces and demonstrates promotional behaviors consistent with our organizational values and policies
You are looking for a company that:
· Offers you the opportunity to fly for a meaningful cause
· Respects and compensates your skills, ideas, contributions, and effort
· Offers continuing education opportunities and meaningful engagement with the larger air medical transport
· Gives you the opportunity to work with our diverse, committed, and talented team
· Improves patient outcomes each and every day
· Can offer career advancement opportunities; impress us, and see where it takes you…
· You should have excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as the interpersonal skills needed to work effectively with customer representatives and other internal employees, both laterally and vertically. You should be e experienced and proficient in Microsoft Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, and Excel and able to effectively use various mobile devices such as iPhones and iPads.
· You should bring your excellent aeronautical skills, “team player” mentality, and confidence in group settings,coaching attitude, and sound judgment with you to work every day.
· You should be self-motivated and organized, able to plan and manage your time effectively, and be proficient at acquiring new skills rapidly.
· You will be performing pre-flight and post-flight inspections, as well as planning flights, assisting in loading of passengers, baggage and cargo, analyzing weather conditions, and maintaining aircraft and pilot logs and records.
· You will be responsible for the operation of an aircraft tug, tractor, and/or ground handling equipment.