The AS350 Check Airman performs as a Flight Instructor and Ground Instructor and fills open line slots as necessary. Evaluates operational compliance including all aspects of safety, flight operations, maintenance operations, and other procedures and policies, assists with management functions in the daily operations for AMRG training.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
• Reports to the Chief Pilot for ground and flight standards and compliance issues.
• Evaluates operational compliance including all aspects of safety, flight operations, maintenance operations, and other procedures and policies as described in the General Operations Manual.
• Has authority to suspend base operations for out of compliance or safety issues. Reports these issues to the Chief Pilot.
• Ensures that standardized training and checking procedures IAW the AMRG training program are adhered to. Will develop and conduct (as appropriate); Basic indoctrination training, Initial and recurrent ground training, Initial and recurrent flight training, Instrument training (ground and flight), and Night vision goggle (NVG) training (ground and flight)
• Assists the Chief Pilot in all pilot recordkeeping requirements in accordance with applicable FARs and policies. Submits required reports in a timely manner.
• Operates advanced aviation training devices (AATDs). Operates full-motion simulators.
• Assists in the development and implementation of flight and ground training schedules, aircraft checklists, training materials and the Pilot Training Program.
• Is knowledgeable of FARs and AMRG General Operations Manual and other required manuals.
• Assists the Chief Pilot, and Director of Safety in investigating aviation mishaps and performing root cause analyses.
• Ensures a pilot’s eligibility for the position prior to beginning any training and prior to each evaluation by reviewing all pertinent data on the pilot certificate.
• Other Duties as assigned.
• Travel required
Must live in or be willing to relocate to either the Salt Lake City metro area.