Department: Publications & Media
Reports to: Director of Publications & Media
Status: Full Time, Non-Exempt, Overtime Eligible
Overview: This position serves as an editor of print and digital publications produced by the association and its affiliated foundation, Helicopter Foundation International (HFI). Editing duties include proofreading, copyediting, technical editing, and substantive editing, as well as project management in all phases of print and digital media production. Types of media include magazine articles, membership and marketing materials, and web content.
Essential Functions of the Position Include, but Are Not Limited To:
- Serving as editor for publications and materials (print and digital) produced by HAI and HFI
- Proofreading materials to identify and correct errors in style, spelling, usage, typography, and grammar
- Copyediting materials for style, spelling, usage, and grammar errors and inconsistencies
- Performing technical and substantive edits on materials for style, clarity, readability, and consistency
- Managing print and digital projects including establishing timelines and work plans, working with internal staff on deliverables, and ensuring deadlines are met
- Providing copywriting assistance as needed
- Working with graphic designers to create visual content
- Contributing content to the association media as needed
- Managing the association’s annual photo contest
- Other duties as assigned
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities.